Purpose of Meta Elements
Multiple Meta elements with different attributes are often used on the same page. To define meta elements and link elements, they can be used to specify titles, headers, page description, keywords and any other metadata not provided through the other head elements (h tags) and attributes.
Sourcing the Different Meta Elements Attributes
A descriptive meta data would be “data about data content” or “content about content” such as your page description. We don’t need to concern our self on how these work but more on how to set up a different meta element.
OPTIMIZING META TAG ELEMENTS
Are meta tags still used? Yes, Title, H1, H2, H3, etc. tags are needed to contain the target keywords for the page that is being optimized.
Follow these simple optimizing meta tag elements guideline:
- Search engines generally feel that keywords that are bigger in size are more important and give them more authority as a result. Therefore, it is important to make the titles and headings big, prominent and ideally the first meta elements that people see on the page.
- They should only contain text – no images or logos.
- Title tag needs to be at the top of the page and the first text the search engine sees.
- Use a H1 tag at the top of the text page and then use the h2, h3, h4 , etc. tags to break up paragraphs of text. This technique works well from a visitor’s usability standpoint and helps with search engine rankings.
Placing Keywords in Search Engine Meta Tags
- Page Title Tag: needs to have the most important keyword phrase included (primary keyword)
- Heading 1 (H1) tag: use the same important primary keyword phrase used in the title tag in this tag. Below there should be a paragraph of quality content laced with the H1 target meta keyword phrase.
- Heading 2 (H2) tag: insert the next most important keyword phrase (secondary keyword) Below should be a paragraph of quality content laced with the secondary targeted keyword phrase.
- H3 and H4 sub-heading tags: insert your other secondary keyword phrases in the sub-headers to break up the copy.
Make sure you do not skip any heading. Go to the next tag inline for proper SEO. Keywords in title tag and headings or in bold text are thought to be given more relevancy weight by the search engines. You should always use your target keywords within the headings which also breaks up the text on your page making it easier to read. Caution when using the bold feature outside the tags as we know Google does not like over spammy bolding.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE -
- Key Words to Use in Your Title Tag: Using meta tag title should be part of your search engine optimization (SEO) strategy
- How to Optimize Your Meta Description: When optimizing your meta description the best is when it contains the keyword that…
- Create Engaging Headlines: One of the biggest problems with writing web content is getting people to read it.
Copyright 2013 Google Keyword Research Tool and Title and Meta Elements
PLEASE feel free to post a relevant comment or question below about seo key words meta tags. I will be delighted to help you with any question I can……JOHN